It’s SHOW TIME… not really but it’s next month. Here’s a few tidbits of information.
1) Please do one of the following … fill out the form below and return it to Ron Hurab (not me) via email or regular lick a stamp mail by October 6th, 2017.
1A) Please fill out the form completely with the lines you carry as it is also used to update the fall PGA rosters and the create the Fall show guide.
2A) TODAY is a really good day to fill this out and get things handled… As independent reps that volunteer our time the one thing we don’t have time to do is chase those that don’t respond.
2) DO NOT book your own room. We take care of that so the rooms are under one umbrella reservation, priced right and bunched together. We will assign rooms after October 6th and distribute the room information shortly before the show.
3) For the newer members of the association – the fall show is a wonderful place to meet new faces. We strongly suggest appointment making. Although traffic in the walkways is always strong it is not a guarantee of success as getting clients to blindly walk into rooms isn’t the same as walking up to a table at an open concept pipe and curtain show. The most productive sales reps have either already visited their accounts in person or make show appointments well in advance of the event.
4) A two night stay is REQUIRED being Sunday and Monday nights… An option for a third night (Saturday) is available for those that want to make added Sunday appointments or prefer to set up their rooms at a more casual pace. Please check the appropriate box on the form. Please be aware – and I say this every year. The hotel CANNOT guarantee early check in on Sunday for those booking for two nights. Weddings, special events, families etc have until noon to check out. The hotel tries very hard to first not book our floors and if they do they try very hard again to ready our rooms first. Your best bet is the extra night and your second best bet is to call the hotel at about 10A on Sunday to see if your room is open. If yes great but checking in before noon would still be difficult – if not I wouldn’t arrive before 2 at the earliest and even then wouldn’t expect to walk right in and set up shop…
5) The schedule is as follows —
Sunday 2/3P check in… 4P is the ”official” check in time…
Sunday 4-7P Show Hours
Sunday 7P WiGSA Annual Meeting
Monday 8-6PM (appointments are best scheduled for 8-noon and 2:45 – 6)
Monday noon – 2:30ish WPGA Meetings
Tuesday Show Hours 8-noon
Tuesday check out by 1:30P
6) BONUS this year is there is no fighting a Packer game as they have their Bye Week. For the Bear fans out there they play at noon on the road in New Orleans so there shouldn’t be any conflict there either. PERFECT scenario for our show with no outside distractions.
I will be sending more information, show policies, procedures and the like closer to SHOW TIME!